Dear TEAM Punta Gorda Supporter,
This past year was another successful one for TEAM. In 2011 we updated our mission statement to reflect what has been at the core of our efforts since our founding seven years ago: "To make greater Punta Gorda a better place to live, work and play." During the year, we completed many projects consistent with this new mission, including:
- Creation of the first Community Garden in Charlotte County at South County Regional Park
- Creation the Punta Gorda History Center, a new non-profit corporation
- Participation in the South County Gateway project
- Participation in both City and County economic development initiatives including the Enterprise Charlotte Economic Council Board of Directors
- Addition of three new host sites (Charlotte Regional Medical Center - Wellness Center, Isles Yacht Club, and Wyvern Hotel) to the bicycle loaner program which now has six locations and 33 bicycles
- Participation on the City's Design Studio
- Co-sponsorship of Pedal and Play in Paradise Bicycle Tour that attracted 362 riders
- Conducting the TEAM Punta Gorda annual golf tournament that was sold out
- Initiation of several beautification projects
TEAM Punta Gorda already has an extensive list of projects to support our mission and goals for 2012. Last year we initiated a new fundraising campaign called "Continue the Journey." We are now asking for your financial participation in support of this campaign. Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to TEAM today.
It's easy to contribute. Simply click on DONATE above and you'll go to the PayPal website where you may conveniently use a credit card. Checks may also be made out to TEAM Punta Gorda and mailed to our office at 252 W. Marion Ave., Punta Gorda, FL 33950.
As you consider this request remember what TEAM stands for:
TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE.
Claire Phelen, President
TEAM Punta Gorda accepts donations in any denominations.
DOA Registration No. CH19819
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED
FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800) 435-7352)
WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION
BY THE STATE.